Welcome! Our goal is to help our children become true disciples of Jesus Christ by: building relationships with them, being examples for them and teaching them God’s Word.
We provide childcare in our Nursery from birth to 18 months. We supply diapers and baby wipes for your convenience but encourage you to brings your favorite supplies with you to suit your baby’s needs. Changing table, portable crib and comfortable seating for nursing mothers is available in our Nursery.
Our Toddler Group accommodates ages 18 months to 4 years old. During your child’s Toddler Time, they will be given a healthy snack and a Bible Lesson with an age appropriate craft to illustrate the Bible story. You may provide your own snack from home for your child if you prefer. We appreciate a change of clothes for little one who might soil their outfit. There is a supervised bathroom designed for your toddler within the classroom, so Teacher and Assistant can provide clean hands and bathroom skills.
Elementary school group
Our Elementary Group is for children in grades Kindergarten to 4th. Before class time begins, we offer a healthy snack ad time to discuss the events of the past week. We have scripture reading aloud by the children and memorization for home reading. Each Bible lesson is followed by a take-home craft or mural project illustrating the Bible story. Our goal is to affirm the Bible in their lives so they will share these lessons with family and friends.
Middle school group
Our Middle School Group is for children in grades 5th – 7th. A healthy snack is provided for this group at the beginning of class time. We encourage them to bring their own Bible—we find the New Living Translation very helpful for understanding the scriptures and for discussion. Periodically crafts are used to illustrate Bible lessons as well as video presentations. We want this group to have a healthy and balanced understanding of the Scripture for daily living.
- All Teachers and Teacher Assistants participate in a Criminal Background Check and must be a member of Redemption Rock for no less than one year.
- We as that YOU REGISTER YOUR CHILD before they participate in class. You can register your child when you arrive at church on Sunday or you can use the online pre-registration form. If you register your child on Sunday, there is a checklist and sign-in registry on the Welcome Table in the Main Auditorium that the Children’s Church Coordinator will ask you to fill in and sign. Children remain in Main Auditorium with their parents/ guardians until children are released for Children’s Church.
- After the adult church service is over, you may pick up your child at the classroom. NO CHILD WILL BE RELEASED UNTIL VERIFICATION IS MADE WITH THE SIGN-IN LIST. If you wish to permit persons other than yourself to pick up your child, you will be asked to fill out a simple form listing those persons for our records. This procedure avoids anyone other than yourself from picking up your child.
- WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO PICK UP YOUR CHILD IN A TIMELY MANNER AFTER THE SERVICE. We all want to enjoy time together in our café or visiting with one another after the service. You are responsible for the activities of your children once they leave the classroom, including accompanying younger children to the bathroom and on the playground. It is important that children not be left to wander through the church building or in the church grounds without parental supervision. The Children’s Ministry Staff are not required to look after you child once classroom time has ended.
- WE ENCOURAGE PARENT/GUARDIAN PARTICIPATION! We love having you visit during our classroom time and want you to know that you are always welcome! We will keep you informed of special events and send your child home with the Bible lesson and/or craft for the day